Other Links You May Find Useful & Interesting...
• Larry Warren's indispensable Slippery-Hill website, for source versions of thousands of tunes
• The Old-Time Herald - Articles and reviews of old-time music, both older and newer
• The Field Recorders' Collective - CDs and downloads of rare field- and home-recordings
• Cunningham Handmade Instruments - Jackson Cunningham builds stunning Gibson-style
guitars, both flattop and archtop!
• Morris String Instruments - Aaron Morris built me a maple L-00, a fine instrument!
• Fairbanks Guitars - Dale Fairbanks builds superb, vintage Gibson-inspired flattops.
• New Era Guitars - Tony Klassen produces a fascinating array of fine, vintage-inspired guitars.
• Juneberry 78s - The late Tom Morrison's listening and download site
• Jeremy's Saggy Record Cabinet - By Jeremy Stephens
• Allen's Archive of Old and Early Country Music - Country music & older, from 78s & 45s
• The Unofficial Martin Guitar Forum - Discussions of all things guitar; invaluable!!
• Old Time Party - The late Jon Bekoff's blog, with loads of interesting articles archived
• BannerGibsons.com - An indispensable resource for folks interested in WWII Gibson guitars
• A Virtual Museum of Vintage Vintage Gibson Guitars and Mandolins - By collector and
photographer Robert Corwin
• A Virtual Museum of Vintage Martin Guitars - By collector and photographer Robert Corwin
• The Old-Time Tiki Parlour - David Bragger produces terrific videos, and check out all the links!
• The Flatpicker's Guide to Old-Time Music - Another interesting book, by Tim May & Dan Miller
• Fiddle Tunes and the Guitar - A really interesting article from Tim May & Dan Miller
• The Shuffle of the Pick - Adam Tanner's new ebook about playing fiddle tunes on mandolin
• Wait Till You Hear This One - Dave Mount's blog for "anyone interested in old-time fiddle"
• Toby Walker - An excellent blues guitar player, singer, and teacher!
Correction: p. 35
Around January 20, 2017 I started shipping from a new printing of "Old-Time Backup Guitar: Learn From the Masters." You can tell if you received a copy from the new batch because the list price shown next to the barcode on the back cover will be $30 rather than $24.99.
There's a problem with the layout of the tablature for “And The Cat Came Back The Very Next Day” on p. 35 from the 1/20/17 batch of books. Please click here to download a pdf file with a corrected version of p. 35.